Crime Victim Services
Assisting Victims of Violent Crime
|The Crime Victim Services Division annual report for Fiscal Year 2007.|
|Read our latest issue of CVS Update - our new online E-newsletter from the Crime Victim Services Division.|
Pseudonym Form for Victims of Family Violence
|Crime Victims' Compensation Application Forms
The Office of the Attorney General serves victims of crime by administering the Compensation to Victims of Crime Fund and related grants, and by offering training and outreach programs. Respect for crime victims is the underlying principle in all that we do. We strive to provide our services to victims in a compassionate, efficient, and fair manner. Our programs offer services to all regions and citizens throughout the state.
The ability to provide assistance to victims of crime is linked to the solvency of the Compensation Fund. Approximately 95% of the money in the Compensation Fund comes from court costs and fees from convicted criminal offenders. The Office of Court Administration assists counties and municipalities with improving the collection of outstanding court costs and court fees. Learn more about the Model Collections Program administered by the Office of Court Administration.
The Attorney General's Crime Victim Services Division is made up of two programs:
- The Crime Victims' Compensation Program reimburses out-of-pocket expenses to victims of violent crime and their families. The Crime Victims' Compensation Fund can help eligible victims pay for medical and counseling bills incurred because of the crime and can help families cover the cost of the funeral for a loved one who has been killed.
- Grants and Contracts Management Program administers the following:
- OVAG - Other Victim Assistance Grants
- VCLG - Victim Coordinator and Liaison Grants
- SAPCS - Sexual Assault Prevention and Crisis Services Program
- Texas VINE - Statewide Automated Victim Notification System
- CASA - Court Appointed Special Advocates
- CAC - Children’s Advocacy Centers
- CVCLS - Crime Victim Civil Legal Services
- TAASA - Sexual Assault Services Program Grant