The Office of the Attorney General is a dynamic state agency with over 4,000 employees throughout the State of Texas. Our agency provides exemplary legal representation to the State, fights human trafficking, helps victims of crime, protects our constituents, and runs the most effective Medicaid Fraud Control and Child Support Enforcement programs in the nation. OAG employees enjoy excellent benefits and a healthy work-life balance along with tremendous opportunities to do important work and make a positive difference in the lives of all Texans.
View Current Job Openings
How to Apply?
The application process is simple. The State of Texas Application for Employment will be presented to you with an option to save your progress and finish at a later time. To get started:
- Select “Current Listing of all Attorney General Jobs”
- Choose a posting that interests you and select “Apply”
- You will be taken to a “PowerForm Signer Information” page
- Enter your name and email address (If you need to finish the application later, a link to your session will be emailed to you)
- Click “Begin Signing” to be presented with the digital application
- Please read the Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure
- If you agree with the terms, select “I agree to use the electronic records and signatures”
- Select “Continue” to proceed to the digital application
- If you need to return at a later time, select “Finish Later” to have a link to your session emailed to you
- After populating all required fields, select “Finish” to submit your application
Assistant Attorney General Applicants
- A resume must accompany all applications for Assistant Attorney General positions
- Attach resumes to the Employment History section (page 3 of 4) using the attachment icon in the top right-hand corner
- Follow the simple on-screen upload instructions
- Attachments are appended to the last page of the application
If you have additional questions, please email the OAG Application Desk at [email protected]. A Human Resources representative will be happy to assist you. Hearing-impaired individuals may contact our agency via Relay Texas at 1-800-735-2989 (TTY/TDD).